Having steak and want to perk things up? Pretend you are just back from Miami, whip up a Miami favorite, an Argentinian Chimichurri sauce over Beef. The sauce is great also with Pork, lamb and Chicken.
Make this sauce ahead, great for sirloin, ribeye, flank and skirt steaks.
Its a Cilantro/parsley pesto like sauce. I am going to experiment with the ingredients listed for the best taste, any suggestions? Steffie prefers straight Cilantro without the parsley.
Basic Combo of the items below, add all in a food chopper or processor
- 1 bunch approx. 1 cup of either Cilantro or fresh Parsley or a combination, washed and trimmed of stems. Towel dried before processing
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon Vinegar, lime or lemon juice, aiding in preserving green color
- 1/2 cup of your preferred oil, olive, canola or vegetable
- 1/4 tsp of salt and pepper
- 1/4 tsp Pepper flakes optional
- Fresh or jarred garlic to taste, optional.
Spoon over steak right off the grill, add a wedge of lime to each plate