Turkey breasts and parts are on sale all year round these days, A Sunday Dinner of a turkey breast is not uncommon. Let’s add some yummy recipes for leftover’s. The longer you simmer the better it tastes. Add your favorite spices and vegetables for your own twist.
Go To cheap.com’s page on Turkey leftovers for more recipes.
- 8 cups Turkey or Chicken Broth, substitute 8 cups Water w/chicken bouillon if you’re really cheap. Or cheaper yet make your own broth.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 stalks celery chopped
- 4 carrots diced *** substitute with 1 bag frozen mixed vegetables
- Simmer till tender.
- Add 2 cups diced cooked turkey, bring back to simmer
- Add 1 cup orzo or small pastina. (Cooked al dente)
Turn off heat let sit for 1/2 or 1 Hour
- Heat and Eat, Freeze or Share
- Makes approx 12 cups
***To make Gluten free add Quinoa or Alternate Gluten Free Pasta