I had been struggling for ways to make fish more interesting. Calories vs Flavor. I went to dinner out, opted for a haddock piccata over linguini. I Told them omit the pasta, and I had a side of veg. A hearty sized bowl of Haddock poached in a lemon Parmesan broth swimming with capers and quartered mushrooms arrived at my table. It was better than terrific, it was perfect. By taste alone I adapted in to my Weight Watcher regimen. It came out perfect! The trick is, taste along the way. If the broth isn’t lemony enough. add more lemon, if too lemony add more broth.
The ingredients per serving
- 4-6 ounces of Haddock, Cod or your favorite white fish
- 1 tablespoon of capers, liquid can be included
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice fresh or bottled
- 1 1/2 cups of Chicken, or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup of mushrooms quartered or sliced
- 1/2 cup of cooked pasta, 1 cup gently cooked zoodles, or spaghetti squash
- options to add, to simmering broth, are garlic, onions, 1/4 cup of shredded carrots, 1/4 cup of broccoli slaw.
In a 1 quart pan, simmer, do not boil broth, add lemon juice and mushrooms until cooked, add capers, lemon juice.
Taste the broth if it is too lemony add more broth or add more lemon for a more lemon.
Add Fish to the simmering broth and cover for 3 minutes. After 3 minutes If fish is firm and flaky it is ready to serve. If not done, cover a minute at a time for your preferred texture. Gently lift haddock out of the pot into a bowl over pasta or cooked veggies, Stir Parmesan into broth until dissolved, pour your broth over fish and enjoy. 7 weight watcher points if served without pasta.