Make recipe for Gluten Free Cornbread,
Two methods, Use Cornbread cubed evenly in 1/2 cubes or less
- Air dry on a cookie sheet, until desired dryness.Toss to dry all sides, this may take a day or more.
- Set oven on lowest setting in oven, most are 150-170 degrees, slow toast to dry thoroughly. Toss cubes frequently for even toasting or drying. Cubes are ready based on personal preference.
- Croutons can be sprinkled with you favorite herbs before drying, for salads
- For stuffing, Sprinkle with Sage or Poultry seasoning before drying.
Store in Sealed container or freeze for future use.
- 6 cups cornbread cubes
- 1/4 cup butter optional
- 1/2 cup celery
- 1/2 cup onion
- 1 1/2-2 cups broth
- sage or poultry seasoning to taste
Place croutons in large mixing bowl
Saute celery and onions in butter until softened, do not caramelize. If omitting butter, use nonstick spray and add several tablespoons of broth to cook.Remove from heat.
Add 1 cup of broth to saute pan, stir, add to mixing bowl, and mix gently with a soft spatula, do not over work or compress. Cover and let stuffing absorb liquid. After 10 minutes test for moistness, if stuffing is to dry additional stock.
Use as a pan stuffing, bake for 25 minutes @325, or stuff inside fish, poultry or pork.